Sunday, January 29, 2012

Real Robots Hack

Free no deposit poker bonus at BankrollMob

Have this unfinished robot from around 10 years ago or more ..... parts came with a magazine every two weeks and I was doing it until it stopped being sold in shops where I lived and I never got to finish it.  So im going to see can I use it as a base for a robot and use parts of it and remove other parts.  Going to remove all the electronic boards ..... keep the light sensor and line follower. The 9v battery connector should be able to rig up and connect to my Arduino board and put my board in instead of the old electronics .... the 6v connector will power the motors on the robot which ill be keeping might have to run a cable to the Arduino board.  So with a bit of help form the Lets Make Robots site should hopefully get this up and running as a training bot for me to mess around with and learn with.



















Ok have started ..... removed old electronics and just checking out first of the connections.  Have connected up the 6v battery to the motor controller and have run a test on two other motors to see if the connection is ok. Works fine ... when running if i turn off switch on robot ... motors go off and when i turn switch back on motors resume. next step will be to connect robot motors to motor board ..... simple enough to do ... but will be messy as i wont have proper connectors.

Well have a problem ..... runs fine with two test motors ... but when i connect up to robot motors things dont go as well .... it runs one motor for one direction and then stops when code tells it too but for reverse it changes motors and runs that one in reverse.
so have a bit of figuring out to do.

1 comment:

  1. HIYA
    I am thinking of doing this exact same thing. I have 3 REAL ROBOT kits here I picked up over the years from second hand shops. I am getting to grips with Arduino. Seems to me we can use the Arduino software to drive the Real Robot hardware?
    You keen to share. I am probably going to eventually make my own MDF platform s I have access to a laser cutter. But will use the Real Robot stuff first to get to grips with it all. email me? sparkynznz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete